Re: [vox-tech] subversion: print non-versioned files in directory

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 10:19:23AM -0800, Matt Roper wrote:
> Since it's quite common to have a bunch of "junk" files sitting in your
> directory that you don't care about (e.g., .o, .c~, etc.), subversion
> allows you to set a property on a directory that tells it names/patterns
> of files to ignore.  You can do this by running
>
>     svn propedit svn:ignore .

Yeah, but I won'd do that for .o, .c~, etc. Better to set global-ignores
in /etc/subversion/config or your ~/.sversionrc. I usually reserve
svn:ignore for specific targets, or anything else that I don't block in
general but that should be ignored in this specific directory.

-Micah