Re: [vox-tech] Dealing with different UIDs and GIDs

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 04:44:15PM -0800, Richard Crawford wrote:
> My wife has frequently talked about using our webhost as a place to store her
> personal files in the event that both her computer and our server here fail.
> Today I downloaded FUSE and SSHFS-FUSE and installed them both.  I was able
> to mount our account on our webhost to a directory in our shared account on
> our local server, like this:
>
> sshfs user@host.pair.com: /mountpoint

There are several different projects for mounting remote filesystems
over ssh. The last time I tried FUSE, I had a similar problem when the
remote filesystem was an NFS mount, which sounds like it could
possibly be the case here. I *have* had good luck with SHFS
(http://shfs.sf.net/).

--Ken Bloom