Re: [vox-tech] Chapters and links within pdf files

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When you look at the GDB User's Guide,
>
>    http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb.pdf.gz
>
> with xpdf, there's a left nav bar that allows you to choose chapters.  Also,
> the TOC contains links to the relevant sections.  The font and layout looks
> like tex/latex to me.
>
> How are the navbar and TOC links accomplished?

Both are accomplished simply by including the hyperref package and using
pdflatex to create the PDF. You'll also get hyperlinks from \cite{}
commands to the appropriate bibliography entry.

--Ken Bloom

Another tip: I find it useful to include the geometry package in
everything so that pdflatex can automatically generate the right size
PDF. So my basic LaTeX header (for articles) comes out looking like:

\documentclass[letterpaper]{article}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\usepackage{geometry}