2005 Nov 13 00:53

Re: [vox-tech] Laptop woes

On Saturday 12 November 2005 03:32 pm, Richard Harke wrote:
> ... I did a shutdown and re-boot
> and then had a very large number of problems out of fsck, although
> the disk was fsck'ed just a few minutes earlier...

Looks like you are having a hardware failure (probably memory or
disk) that is causing repeated disk corruption.  Reading bad data
from disk can cause just about anything to happen, which in your
case seems to include the login problem.

If you have added any memory to the thing, you might try removing
it just in case that's the problem.

-- Rod