2005 Nov 03 18:47

[vox-tech] OpenOffice and Footers

I'm creating a document with OpenOffice 2 and would like to have
footers with the document title left-justified and the page numbers
right-justified.

So I say to myself, self, create a table with 1 row and 2 columns.
Then you can left-justify the left cell and right-justify the right
cell.  Which works, except the table is followed by an empty line
(a paragraph) and there's no way to delete it, which means now I
have to screw with margins in the page layout to make it look right.
After a great deal of googling, all I learn is that someone thinks
it's unusual to put a table inside a footer.  WTF?  Is there supposed
to be some other way to do this simple task?

What am I missing?

-- Rod