2005 Oct 17 20:38

Re: [vox-tech] Laptop external VGA monitor

Hans W. Uhlig wrote:
>Ken Bloom Wrote
>>Hans W. Uhlig wrote:
>>
>>>is this an nvidia or ati card, if its nvidia there is
>>>a command option for X to do multi monitor. ATI has a
>>>similer one.
>>
> http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/Main/Compaq_Presario_v2310us
>
>>This is an ATI card. What's the option?
>>--Ken Bloom

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:r8llQAEqmFgJ:xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html+multi+monitor+ati+%2Blinux&hl=en&client=firefox-a

I can't seem to find the answer there, and anyway I'm not using fglrx,
because the fglrx driver crashes when the laptop wakes up.

In priority order, I think I care most about:
1) Laptop sleeps and wakes up
2) Accelerated video
3) Presentations without reboot. (especially since I can do it with a
reboot now)

--Ken Bloom