2005 Sep 24 16:28

[vox-tech] e2fsprogs

I thought it might be a good idea to update firefox. So I did:
apt-get update
apt-get -s install mozilla-firefox

I get a rather long list of packages to be updated, installed
and even removed. But also I get the message;
E: This installation run will require temporarily removing the
essential package e2fsprogs due to a Conflicts/Pre-Depends loop. This is often
bad, but if you really want to do it, activate the APT::Force-LoopBreak
option.
E: Internal Error, Could not early remove e2fsprogs

I have done a lot of googling and all the sites I have found agree
that this can cause "bad things to happen" But nothing more specific
or any other way to proceed. My only ext2 file system is /boot so maybe
my odds are better?? But one site indicated that this message is the
result of a bug in the dependencies. If that was so, maybe I could just wait
until it is fixed at Debian.

Does anybody understand this and can guide me?

Richard Harke