2005 Sep 23 15:00

Re: [vox-tech] Accidentally hitting ctrl-alt-backspace in the Xwindow system

On 9/22/05, Henry House <hajhouse@houseag.com> wrote:
På 2005-09-21, skrev Issac Trotts:
> In the terminal programs I use, alt-backspace erases the word to the left of
> the cursor. This is very handy, but when my thumb slips just a small amount
> it also presses the ctrl key, thereby ending my X window session. It would
> be nice to know if there's a way to turn this feature off. Anyone?

You want the "DontZap" option in your X-server configuration file (on a
standard distribution, this is /etc/X11/XF86Config-4). See the man page for
a full description: XF86Config-4 (5x).

I just added these three lines to my /etc/X11/xorg.conf and restarted the X server, and it worked.

 Section "ServerFlags"
        Option  "DontZap"
EndSection

Thanks for your help.