2005 Sep 21 14:17

Re: [vox-tech] Fwd: Re: Debian Sid amd64 on a Compaq v2310us (statusreport)

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 11:37:15AM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> I actaully just did an Ubuntu install on a Dell 1100 with a PCMIA Belkin
>  Wifi G card(Broadcom chip). Now I haven't gotten it working yet(I'll
> post on my problem later) but I found drivers for linux that are said to
> work
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Rt2500WirelessCardsHowTo
>
> and drivers are available at
> http://ralink.rapla.net/
> and
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/rt2400/

Ralink is not Broadcom, and I see no evidence to suggest otherwise
from these sites. It appears that Belkin made several different
revisions of the same wireless card with different chips. You'll have
to find out exactly which one you have. To see whether you need
ndiswrapper, or whether it will work.

--Ken Bloom