January 6: Social gathering
2005 Aug 30 18:26

Re: [vox-tech] Realtime Linux Challenge--Need Help

På 2005-08-30, skrev Wayne Watson:
> I'm looking for someone who has experience with installing rtlinux (real
> time linux) or is kernel knowledgeable and can do it. I've been running
> a rtlinux application (meteor detection with special hardware, including
> a camera) under rtlinux for about 20 months, but it has been out of the
> water since early this year when my computer died and took rtlinux with
> it. Whatever I was able to do initially, I have not been able to repeat
> after many, many attempts. I live 75 miles from Davis but am willing to
> bring my computer down there if someone can help.
>
> Supposedly, all one needs to do is follow some instructions (2 pages)
> and use the patches provided. That only worked once for me. This needs
> someone with more knowledge than I have. If all goes as it should, it
> should take 2 hours; however, something seems amiss, so I'd expect it to
> take longer.

Hello Wayne! I will gladly attempt to find someone to help you here in Davis
using our LERT program* though I do not think that we have anyone who has
used real-time Linux. But maybe the snag is something of a more general
nature or something that requires good Linux knowledge but not necessarily
Linux-realtime knowledge to resolve. Would you please send the two pages of
instructions? I will have a better idea how to look for help after I have
examined these.

* http://lugod.org/projects/lert

--
Henry House