2005 Aug 19 10:03

Re: [vox-tech] Multiple Cd iso to single DVD

Re: [vox-tech] Multiple Cd iso to single DVD

Ryan wrote:
On Wednesday 17 August 2005 11:39 pm, Alex Mandel tech_dev-at-wildintellect.com |lugod| wrote:

So I've got a set of 7 cds, install discs for some software.
only 2 of them are sequential(it asks for disc 2), everything else is
optional.

Anyone know how I could take isos from cds(which I already did) and burn
them to a single DVD that would autolaunch and allow you to pick which
disc to install plus allow you to go from disc 1 to disc 2 during that
particular segment.

The idea I had although not perfect was to grab all the files into one
folder structure and build an html page that links to each of
executables for the discs and then autolaunch this page.

Although a simple iso concatentate seems better to me, I just don't know
what software to do that with.

On linux, you could just burn the isos as a series of files on the DVD and loop mount them (mount -o loop filename.iso mountpoint)

Well, I actually did that but it's not a viable option because the end OS is windows(not to mention when I made the isos to start in windows with Roxio-the only software I have access to it did something funny and linux will only mount 1 of the 7 without error), I'm just using my linux box because I have more software options.

In the end I think I'm going to option 2 if I can ever get the files extracted from the isos. I'll see if I can post my mount error when I get home.
Something about a loop error if I don't specify the file system and invalid file system when I do specify iso9660, I think Roxio made a funny version of iso9660, because some windows tools can still read it.

Oh well - Alex