2005 Aug 19 09:32

Re: [vox-tech] Multiple Cd iso to single DVD

Re: [vox-tech] Multiple Cd iso to single DVD

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 11:39 pm, Alex Mandel
tech_dev-at-wildintellect.com |lugod| wrote:
> So I've got a set of 7 cds, install discs for some software.
> only 2 of them are sequential(it asks for disc 2), everything else is
> optional.
>
> Anyone know how I could take isos from cds(which I already did) and burn
> them to a single DVD that would autolaunch and allow you to pick which
> disc to install plus allow you to go from disc 1 to disc 2 during that
> particular segment.
>
> The idea I had although not perfect was to grab all the files into one
> folder structure and build an html page that links to each of
> executables for the discs and then autolaunch this page.
>
> Although a simple iso concatentate seems better to me, I just don't know
> what software to do that with.

On linux, you could just burn the isos as a series of files on the DVD and
loop mount them (mount -o loop filename.iso mountpoint)

--
Ryan Castellucci - http://ryanc.org/