2005 Aug 17 12:50

Re: [vox-tech] replacing firefox 1.0 with firefox 1.06

Re: [vox-tech] replacing firefox 1.0 with firefox 1.06

Jay Strauss wrote:

Chris Horsting wrote:

I used a script.

Chris, take it from someone who has learned the lesson first hand, provide detail to your questions. Including (but not limited to):

Distro and version
an accurate description of the steps you took and the results

If you do not show that you took the time and the effort to give someone a chance to help, they won't give you the effort in return.

I suspect that anyone on this list that can help you (which excuses me) needs to know:

1) what linux distribution you are running
2) what version
3) did you use some sort of package like and rpm or deb, or from source
4) did you write this "script" you talked about (which I doubt), or did it come this the code you installed
5) where did the new version get installed, where is the old version
6) what's your path

HTH
Jay

1) Fedora
2) Version 3.0
3) The Name of the file is firefox-1.0.6.installer.tar.gz
4) The script came with the package
5) The new version is at /home/chris/firedir/firefox-installer/ and the application is x-shellscript. I do not know where the old version is at.
6) I am not sure about path. Where the new version is installed to me would be that path. Also, I have a symbolic link from the firefox installer directory to my desktop directory.
7) I got the package from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
thanks
Chris