2005 Aug 03 13:03

[vox-tech] Encrypted CDROM

Using loopback and cryptsetup (which uses the device mapper)
I created an encrypted file system about the size of a CDRom. I put
some files into this file system then I burned a CD using cdrecord.
No error indications so far. Now I want to read the CD to verify
whats on it. When I do a cryptsetup, I get an error. The command is

cryptsetup create --size=1431552 aname /dev/cdrom

The error I get is Invalid argument to an ioctl call. The ioctl call
is trying to load the table to the mapper device. I ran strace but
didn't get any more info. I've looked at the source but so far
I haven't figured it out.

Does any one out there have any ideas?

Richard Harke