2005 Aug 03 12:44

Re: [vox-tech] Plone, SQL, and Archetypes

Re: [vox-tech] Plone, SQL, and Archetypes

My guess is that the reindex didn't reindex anything and returned an ok because it didn't have problems doing nothing. (Unsubstantiated guess)

I'm assuming the command you tested in PostgreSQL is directly from the archetypes page by Joel Burton that you've been working from(http://plone.org/documentation/archetypes/ArchetypesDeveloperGuide/index_html#propagating-direct-db-changes-back-to-zodb)
, the only suggestions I have are:
1. contact Joel Directly
2. give me a copy of the scripts (or someone else) to proofread for typos.

Sorry, but I think your in way over most people's heads and that might be why you haven't gotten any responses.

Alex

Matthew Lange wrote:
Posting to both LUGOD groups in hopes of finding someone familiar with my issue.

I’ve posted to Plone groups but no replies yet.

Does anyone out there have any experience with Plone Archetypes stored in an RDBMS?

I am trying to reindex an archetype with a UID number, but reindex script is not working. I would love to talk with someone about this—even if you haven’t used an RDBMS backend.

Any help appreciated.

Much obliged.

Matthew

Matthew Lange