2005 Jul 25 17:10

Re: [vox-tech] HTTP Routing Strangeness

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Rod Roark wrote:

On Monday 25 July 2005 02:15 pm, Chris Jenks wrote:
   I finally set up a home network for my Dad, with a linux router/server
connected to the SBC DSL modem and two workstations that dual boot to
linux or Windows 2000/XP. One problem has been that some web sites, such
as ebay.com or mail.yahoo.com, will not load on the workstations, although
others (www.yahoo.com) work fine, and all these web sites work fine on the
router.
You might try posting your iptables commands here, especially the
ones related to NAT.

-- Rod
Dear Rod,

Setting the iptables rules starts with:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -i ! ppp0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -P INPUT DROP
iptables -A FORWARD -i ppp0 -o ppp0 -j REJECT

The rest of the rules exclusively affect the INPUT chain of the filter table.

Yours,

Chris