2005 Jul 08 13:51

Re: [vox-tech] Matching Contents of Lists

Re: [vox-tech] Matching Contents of Lists

Of course, this could have been:

  my (@str) = $str =~ /([a-zA-Z]+)(\d+)([a-zA-Z]+)?/;

eliminating the need to refer specifically to the positional variables.
Absolutely, though it might be obfuscated to the OP

	$str[1] =~ s/^0+//;     # strip leading 0s from digit portion

Personally, I typically use $str[1] += 0, but obviously that's a style
thing.
Clever, never thought (probably never would have either) to do it that way.