2005 Jun 29 19:13

[vox-tech] SSH through fascist firewalls via apache mod_proxy

[vox-tech] SSH through fascist firewalls via apache mod_proxy

Great for avoiding firewalls that block everything except port 80.

With mod_proxy enabled, try the following in your httpd.conf

ProxyRequests On
AllowCONNECT 22
<Directory proxy:*>
    Deny from all
</Directory>
<Directory proxy:your_fqdn_here:22>
    Allow from all
</Directory>

You might still be hosed if there's a transparent proxy, in which case, just
set up mod_ssl, and use stunnel to connect to it :) (hope they don't block
SSL)

--
Ryan Castellucci - http://ryanc.org/