2005 Jun 15 09:30

Re: [vox-tech] Question: FTP-like GUI programs using SSH?

Re: [vox-tech] Question: FTP-like GUI programs using SSH?

Filezilla is another one for windows:

http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

On 06/15/2005 05:44 AM, Henry House wrote:
A visitor to the demo at the Davis Food Co-op on Sunday* mentioned that he
was using FTP to maintain his web site. I suggested that he consider SSH
instead of FTP since the latter has no encryption and transmits passwords
over the net in plain text. He immediately grasped the significance of this
and expressed interest in a secure replacement for FTP that would emulate
the look and feel of an FTP client. He left his e-mail address and asked me
to get back to him with a suggestion of an application to use. The trouble
is that is he using windows (at least for now) and so I am asking for help.

- Is there as good Free GUI wrapper over SSH that emulates the look and feel
of a GUI FTP client for windows?
- Is there such an application that is cross-platform?

* http://lists.lugod.org/pipermail/vox-outreach/2005-June/001181.html