2005 Jun 05 23:23

Re: [vox-tech] Run Zope as service (non-root)

Re: [vox-tech] Run Zope as service (non-root)

tech_dev(Alex Mandel) wrote:
I think I'm missing a concept here.
So if I go and add a line to rc.local(is this the right place?) to start up my newly installed zope servers(from source) on boot:
1. How do I make sure they run under the user that installed them (not root or sudoer), a general user.
2. How do I make sure they shutdown nice if the computer is shutdown?

Alex
Ubuntu Hoary, Zope 2.7.5, Plone 2.0.5
Ok, I looked into it and I've configured my Zope server to run as a user if started as root.

So now, how do I add zope to the startup of my system. Do I put a new script in the init.d folder? Can anyone point me to a good place to learn about how to this right?

Thanks,
Alex