2005 Jun 20 14:44

Re: [vox-tech] OT external disk for backup

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 01:07:39PM -0700, Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> I am looking into getting an external hard disk for backing up my
> system (simple stuff with rsync).

If you're willing to consider a complete package, these are nice:

  http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10655

They're small, work nicely with Linux, both USB and Firewire,
bus-powered, and they come with a USB power-sharing cable.

I've had a number of Lacie external drives over the years (hard and
optical) and they've always been reliable.

-David