2005 May 28 12:04

Re: [vox-tech] kernel-compilation frustration

Re: [vox-tech] kernel-compilation frustration

På 2005-05-27, skrev Ken Bloom:
[...]
> See http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/315219 for a fix.
> Your GCC version is probably too new for the kernel sources, and you
> can fix the error by editing the source code.

Thanks for the pointer. I investigated a little more and found a Debian bug
about this same issue. Unfortunately there appears to be no motivation to
fix it :-(.

I tried gcc 2.95 and 3.0 instead of the 3.3 that I had used, but neither
older version worked either. Since I have no strong reason to prefer kernel
2.4.14 over a newer version, I grabbed kernel 2.4.24, which compiled fine
with gcc 3.3.

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13