2005 May 29 12:53

Re: [vox-tech] kernel-compilation frustration

På 2005-05-27, skrev ME:
> Henry House said:
> > The last dozen or so times that I have tried to compile a kernel have
> > all failed with compiler errors.
> [chop]
> > Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Two questions:
> When you make, and it fails, and then you
> # make clean
> and then make
> # dep && make bzImage
> and it fails, did they fail at the same place with the same error?
>
> If No and the config was not changed, then check for hardware problems,
> memory, CPU, etc.

The error is consistent across multiple attempts.

> Examine the version of gcc you have installed. If using a RedHat system,
> do this:
> # which kgcc
> If you see a path to kgcc, then modify your kernel Makefile/build to use
> kgcc instead of gcc

Interesting --- I never realized that I had three versions of gcc installed
on this system (it is Debian). I am trying the build now with gcc 3.0 per
Ken's suggestion.

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13