January 6: Social gathering
2005 May 27 12:43

Re: [vox-tech] Is Google wrong about the license on ethereal?

Re: [vox-tech] Is Google wrong about the license on ethereal?

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

ethereal is licensed under the GNU GPL.  But if you do a Google search on
"ethereal license", Google returns:

  Ethereal
  License: Freeware
  According to http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4449.html

I would take MajorGeek's classifications with a huge grain of salt. I visited there once on the recommendation of a friend. It did not impress me enough to warrant a bookmark. They seemed to be more Windows oriented site and their license classifications (commercial, shareware, freeware) would fall into that target audience realm.