2005 May 25 16:53

Re: [vox-tech] Is Google wrong about the license on ethereal?

Re: [vox-tech] Is Google wrong about the license on ethereal?

> When push comes to shove, I don't really know what "freeware" means...

Which is one of the problems with the term.  But:

> Thoughts?

You're over-analysing.

"www.majorgeeks.com" reflects an antique 1980s mindset, where software
is classified according to its acquisition cost model.  This has no
connection to licensing and is a spectrum along a completely different
axis.

The thought of classifying software according to licensing probably
occurs to them only as an afterthought, at best.