2005 May 16 11:38

[vox-tech] re-installing a boot loader, post windows install

[vox-tech] re-installing a boot loader, post windows install

Hi everyone,

Well, I have put off the windows install on my second partition for long
enough- dreading the re-installation of my bootloader. I finally purchased
VMware, as we have some windows-only apps, and was thinking about installing
windows on its own partition.

I know that windows will clobber my bootloader (grub) and i would like to know
ahead of time how to get it back once i reboot the machine.

In the past I have used a Debian net-install CD, but i think that i have a
knoppix disk on hand.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this process?

Thanks in advance!

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis