2005 May 11 17:57

Re: [vox-tech] [OT] Windows Question for Relative

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 12:47:35PM -0700, Bob Scofield wrote:

> Do people on this list generally feel that you should not install GRUB on the
> Windows MBR?

My experience is that Linux installs (using grub or lilo) usually do a
fine job of detecting other bootable OS's and adding boot menu entries
for them.  Users just need to verify that these entries have indeed
been added and if not add them (which is pretty easy).

BTW, even completely blowing away the MBR won't actually damage OS
installs... You just won't be able to boot them until the boot loader
knows about them.

I think Grub makes for an excellent and flexible boot loader.

-troy