2005 May 10 17:30

[vox-tech] Linux on Tyan Thunder w. Opteron

[vox-tech] Linux on Tyan Thunder w. Opteron

I'm thinking of purchasing a K8WE, but have a few reservations:

1. No parallel port.  I need to think about what to do with the printer.
   There are other systems in the house, but nothing that's on 24/7.
   I assume there must be || port PCI cards.

2. The extended ATX means I need to purchase a new case.  This thing is
   expensive enough.

3. It's a new motherboard, and I'm a little nervous about its stability.
   Seems like man motherboard series are starting to suffer from the
   "dot oh" syndrome.

4. It's pricey.

Is anyone running Linux on one of these?

Pete

--
Every theory is killed sooner or later, but if the theory has good in it,
that good is embodied and continued in the next theory. -- Albert Einstein