2005 May 08 13:07

Re: [vox-tech] browser and mimetypes (I think)

On Sun 08 May 05, 12:22 PM, Ryan <cjg5ehir02@sneakemail.com> said:
> On Sunday 08 May 2005 07:56 am, p-at-dirac.org (Peter Jay Salzman) |lugod|
> wrote:
> > There's an URL to a pdf download of an article published by Optics Letters.
> > I don't think anyone can access this because I'm using a Princeton
> > University proxy (and Princeton has a subscription to this journal), but
> > the URL is:
> >
> >    http://ol.osa.org/ViewMedia.cfm?id=68550&seq=0
> >
> > It doesn't look like a pdf.  I tried and tried to get the pdf to download
> > and display on Firefox on Linux.  I think perhaps it downloads OK but
> > Firefox doesn't know what to do with it, since it's a "cfm" file, whatever
> > that is, not a pdf file.
>
> Did you try downloading it, then opening it with a PDF viewer?

Yeah -- The trouble is I don't know how to get wget to use the proxy (and I
have an aversion to fixing problem #2 when problem #1 is still outstanding.
;)

Pete

--
Every theory is killed sooner or later, but if the theory has good in it,
that good is embodied and continued in the next theory. -- Albert Einstein