2005 May 05 09:15

Re: [vox-tech] simple file command question

On Wed 04 May 05,  1:57 PM, Mike Simons <msimons@simons-clan.com> said:
> On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 10:45:30AM -0700, Ehrhart, Jay wrote:
> > how do you use ll or ls to show the year the file was created?
>
> ls -l --full-time

The filesystem stores 3 times:

   last accessed
   last modified
   inode change time

The creation time will be the inode change time unless you do something to
change the inode, which includes touch, mv, chattr, chmod, chown, chgrp, touch,
mv, etc.

Pete

--
Every theory is killed sooner or later, but if the theory has good in it,
that good is embodied and continued in the next theory. -- Albert Einstein