2005 May 03 09:48

[vox-tech] 2.6.x SMP kernel issues apparently resolved

[vox-tech] 2.6.x SMP kernel issues apparently resolved

My dual-p3 system has, for a very long time, been unable to use the smp
version of the 2.6 Linux kernel; when I tried it, the system would be unable
to communicate with either the network card (and I tried several) nor with
any USB devices.

Today while installing Kubuntu on this computer, I had the same problem.  The
2.6 smp kernel simply wouldn't let my computer talk to the network card or
the USB hub.  I finally hit upon this option for doing the installation:

boot: linux noacip nolacip

This apparently disables something to do with the interrupts, which I had long
suspected was the problem.  Seems to work like a charm so far.

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com