2005 Apr 26 14:20

Re: [vox-tech] GUI mail client recommendation

Re: [vox-tech] GUI mail client recommendation

Bob Scofield wrote:
On Tuesday 26 April 2005 10:12, Micah Cowan wrote:

One thing that is nice, though, is that I can configure it to share the
same mailboxes between Windows and Linux.

I use Thunderbird for my business email, and Kmail for my personal email. I love Kmail.

But I have a question about sharing mailboxes. I do this. This is a great feature because I can be in Linux and check my business email and have access to the Thunderbird Windows mailboxes. But I am using Windows 98. Isn't there some problem doing this with Windows XP?

I assume you are pointing your mail client in Linux (Kmail or Thunderbird??) to look at mail folders on you Win98 partition. This works fine since Win98 installs on FAT32. WinXP (by default) installs on a NTFS partition. However, if you have a 3rd partition that is FAT32, you can tell both your windows mail client and your linux client to use mail folders on that partition. I do this at home, but I haven't checked email in windows in nearly a year.

Jonathan