2005 Apr 26 10:12

Re: [vox-tech] GUI mail client recommendation

On Tue 26 Apr 05,  9:18 AM, Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com> said:
> On Tuesday 26 April 2005 08:29, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > Any recommendations?
>
> I suspect the best bet is either KMail or Thunderbird.  I
> use KMail but sometimes get annoyed with its quirks.  Would
> love to hear from anyone who has tried both.
>
> -- Rod

Thanks, guys.  It looks like Thunderbird or Kmail it is.  I'll start with
Thunderbird just because I don't run KDE everywhere.

It might take some Googling though -- it appears that Thunderbird is
expecting to download mail from a POP or IMAP server, but mail comes
directly to me.  I don't have a POP or IMAP server.  I'm sure it'll be in a
FAQ or something.

Micah, before I take the plunge, I need to ask because I think we have
similar tastes in apps -- why doesn't Thunderbird make you happy?

Pete

--
Every theory is killed sooner or later, but if the theory has good in it,
that good is embodied and continued in the next theory. -- Albert Einstein