2005 Apr 26 00:16

[vox-tech] A perfect joke for Linux mailing list :-)

[vox-tech] A perfect joke for Linux mailing list :-)

 A helicopter was flying around above Seattle yesterday when an electrical
malfunction disabled all of the aircraft's electronic navigation and
communications equipment. Due to the clouds and haze, the pilot could not
determine the helicopter's position and course to steer to the airport.

The pilot saw a tall building, flew toward it, circled, drew a handwritten
sign, and held it in the helicopter's window. The pilot's sign said, "Where
am I?" in large letters. People in the tall building quickly responded to
the aircraft, drew a large sign, and held it in a building window. Their
sign said, "You are in a helicopter."

The pilot smiled, waved, looked at his map, determined the course to steer
to Setac airport, and landed safely. After they were on the ground, the
co-pilot asked the pilot how the, "You are in a helicopter" sign helped
determine their position.

The pilot responded, "I knew that had to be the Microsoft building because,
similar to their help lines, they gave me a technically correct but
completely useless answer."

Cheers :-)

Kedar