2005 Apr 21 11:52

[vox-tech] CUPS error reporting

So I just tried to print a document 3 or 4 times using AbiWord 2.2 and
CUPS. Each time, the job showed up in lpstat/lpq for a while but then
disappeared without ever printing. To figure out what was going on, I
had to disable CUPS, change the log level to debug, and restart cups.
Then I found out that the problem was a postscript error.

Does anybody know how to make CUPS report these kinds of errors in a way
that I (the user) would actually notice them?

--Ken Bloom