2005 Apr 20 08:59

Re: [vox-tech] Scary cron-deamon message

Re: [vox-tech] Scary cron-deamon message

Hi Richard,

I might be completely in the dark here, but it sounds like you might be the victim of a spammer a) using your machine to send garbage out or b) using a @stonegoose bogus return address. I think the former is likely though. Do you require authentication for SMTP from your server? If not, then some spammer found your server and is using it to spam. If this is the case, I'd shut that hole quickly, before you start getting on the anti-spam server lists.

Is that the complete message?

-dan

Richard Crawford wrote:
I have my server at home set to check my e-mail using fetchmail every five
minutes.  When it generates an error, the error message is sent to my
account.

I received this error message a few minutes ago.  It scares me; should I be
worried?