2005 Apr 19 09:32

Re: [vox-tech] vnc terminal only

I tried to reply yesterday but it didn't post for some reason, guess I didn't send to the list.

Anyways, gnome-start &
works, found it online somewhere.

The problem I have now is that my keyboard mapping is all wrong
Is the xrdb line supposed to provide that?
when I enable that line I get a error in log that that
xrdb: does not exist
xrdb: can't open file home/user/.Xresource

Alex

Micah Cowan wrote:
tech_dev(Alex Mandel) wrote:

Well I was hopeful the solution made sense, but not quite.
Now instead of a greenish background and a terminal window I can move, I have a grey background and the terminal window is stuck.

Here's what I've got:

#!/bin/sh

xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
x-terminal-emulator -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
startgnome &
#x-window-manager &

I commented out the x-window part and added the startgnome.
Next I tried to comment out the x-terminal part.
Then I uncommented the x-window-manager and put it before the startgnome.

No luck and more ideas?

It appears to me that this script above is /not/ being executed...

You might verify this by toying with the -geometry of x-terminal-emulator, and verifying whether or not it moves.

-Micah