2005 Apr 19 00:41

Re: [vox-tech] vnc terminal only

tech_dev(Alex Mandel) wrote:
Well I was hopeful the solution made sense, but not quite.
Now instead of a greenish background and a terminal window I can move, I have a grey background and the terminal window is stuck.

Here's what I've got:

#!/bin/sh

xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
x-terminal-emulator -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
startgnome &
#x-window-manager &

I commented out the x-window part and added the startgnome.
Next I tried to comment out the x-terminal part.
Then I uncommented the x-window-manager and put it before the startgnome.

No luck and more ideas?
It appears to me that this script above is /not/ being executed...

You might verify this by toying with the -geometry of x-terminal-emulator, and verifying whether or not it moves.

-Micah