2005 Apr 16 15:41

Re: [vox-tech] KDE footprint on lower end machines.

På lördag, 16 april 2005, skrev Peter Jay Salzman:
> I'm curious about the lowest powered machine that can handle KDE.
>
> Is there anyone running KDE on a PII or lower?  If so, can you announce your
> CPU, memory and send a copy of one xterm worth of top output so I can see
> cpu and memory usage?

I knew a LUGOD member (who has since moved overseas) who ran KDE on a 486DX
machine with 64 meg RAM. He said that it took around a quarter of an hour to
load, but was usable once loaded. Mind you, this was KDE 2.0 series, not the
more-recent 3 series.

I generally avoid KDE myself, having little use for such graphically
intensive environment.

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13