2005 Apr 18 05:01

Re: [vox-tech] vnc terminal only

Well I was hopeful the solution made sense, but not quite.
Now instead of a greenish background and a terminal window I can move, I have a grey background and the terminal window is stuck.

Here's what I've got:

#!/bin/sh

xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
x-terminal-emulator -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
startgnome &
#x-window-manager &

I commented out the x-window part and added the startgnome.
Next I tried to comment out the x-terminal part.
Then I uncommented the x-window-manager and put it before the startgnome.

No luck and more ideas?

Alex

Mitch Patenaude wrote:
The default window manager is set as twm.  This was the best window
manager 1985 had to offer, and it hasn't gotten a lot fancier since
then.  It's advantage is that it's small, and very lightweight.  If
you want a fancier window manager, what you need to do is edit your
$HOME/.vnc/xstartup script.  Mine looks like:

#!/bin/sh

xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
startgnome &
# startkde &

The & after startgnome (to put it in the background) is important...
though I can't remember why right now.

   -- Mitch