2005 Apr 19 00:41

[vox-tech] Poor SATA performance

I'm using 4 SATA hard drives on a SYBA SD-SATA-4P SATA card (Silicon Image
SIL3114A chipset) and I'm only getting 17MB/sec with hdparm -t on the drives,
and cpu utilization goes up to 100% while the test is going on. I'm running
this from knoppix 3.8, using 2.6.11.

Anyone got any ideas? Does this SATA chipset just suck, or is something set
wrong?

--
Ryan Castellucci - http://ryanc.org/