2005 Apr 08 18:16

Re: [vox-tech] Compile Question

På fredag, 08 april 2005, skrev Bob Scofield:
[...]
> Okay, I didn't have the KDE development packages.  I discovered this the
> cheesy way.  I went to Debian, found the packages, and then used apt-get to
> get them.  Since they installed, I knew I hadn't had them.  (It's cheesy
> because you don't have to look around your system for them.)
[...]

I'm glad you were able to make progress.

Tips for future reference:

- "dpkg -l |grep kde" tells you if you have any packages with "kde" in their
  names installed
- Debian development packages almost always are named lib*dev, so, for
  example, you know that you don't have what you need to compile with KDE
  if you don't have a package with both kde and dev in its name.

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13