2005 Apr 06 16:28

[vox-tech] Re: Forwarding SMB through SSH - RESOLVED

[vox-tech] Re: Forwarding SMB through SSH - RESOLVED

Glad this was resolved, but while we're on the subject, I have a question
that's been bothering me for a bit.  You can mount an SMB filesystem using
'mount -t smbfs', but I can't seem to get the same functionality using fstab.
So if I do

$ sudo mount -t smbfs -o
ip="xxx.xx.xx.xxx",username="XXXX",password="xxxxxx" //EEB1/EEBWeb /mnt/eeb

it works fine.  But if I put the following line in /etc/fstab:

//EEB1/EEBWeb /mnt/eeb smbfs
ip=xxx.xx.xx.xxx,username="XXXX",password="xxxxxx",user,noauto 0 0

then do

$ mount /mnt/eeb

I just get an error

11927: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

Does anyone know how to make mount and fstab play with SMB?

Aaron