2005 Apr 04 11:59

Re: [vox-tech] Self-replacing license [was Urgent news: Linux maybe relicensed]

Re: [vox-tech] Self-replacing license [was Urgent news: Linux maybe relicensed]

Rick Moen wrote:

It's their interpretation of a specific sentence in 17 USC 201 that I
find extremely questionable.
My point was that it _is_ the way copyright law is applied, as a result
of a couple of hundred years of caselaw.  Now, I'm sorry if that differs
from what a lot of programmers assumed to be the case, but it's
nonetheless true.
Can you cite specific examples? That's kind of what I was complaining that she didn't do. It seems very strongly to go against what the actual text of the law says.

-Micah