2005 Apr 01 07:59

Re: [vox-tech] Urgent news: Linux may be relicensed

Re: [vox-tech] Urgent news: Linux may be relicensed

Not necessarily THAT awful.  Linux was never more than a bunch of hacks
thrown together over the years by a bunch of anti-American subversives.
Buggy, insecure, prone to crash if you look at it funny.

Fortunately, in our office, we've converted all of our Solaris and Linux
servers over to Windows 2003, and replaced Apache (did you know that the
name "Apache" comes from "A Patchy Server"?) with IIS.  Now THERE's a
secure OS!

The elder gods, manifesting through Peter Jay Salzman, recently decreed:
> Urgent breaking news:
>
> I can hardly believe it!   CNN is reporting that Linus Torvalds is
> considering re-licensing Linux under a closed-source license.  There's a
> huge argument on the Linux Kernel Mailing List right now over the move and
> many developers have been jumping ship.
>
> Linus claims the move to make Linux proprietary stems from differences in
> open source philosophy between the majority of Linux kernel hackers and
> GNU's upcoming version 3 of the General Public License.
>
> This is AWFUL news!!!
>
> I guess we might all have to start installing *BSD pretty soon!   :-(
>
> Pete

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)
"We live as though the world were how it should be,
to show it what it can be."
--"Angel", Season 4 ep. 1