2005 Mar 31 12:04

Re: [vox-tech] Install Plone on Ubuntu

On Wednesday 30 March 2005 00:30, tech_dev(Alex Mandel) wrote:
> Recently installed Ubuntu(Warty), and I'm a first timer to most things
> including apt. Previously only used Rpm based distros(barely).
> I'm a little confused trying to install plone 2.0.4 or 5(www.plone.org)
[snip]

> I thought maybe I should change my apt/sources.list but I don't know
> what debian library to connect for a stable version that might install
> on Ubuntu correctly or for that matter what the path is to them.

I suggest you might want to try to upgrade to new preview release of Ubuntu
(Hoary) It comes with plone 2.0.4. (packages you downloaded from Plone
website are likely to not work as well on Ubuntu since they are for debian)

Plone is not part of the main archive, so you will need to add universe
repository to your sources.list.

Hope that helps.

--
Dmitriy