2005 Mar 24 19:36

Re: [vox-tech] Where did all my output go? Bash shell question

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Jay Strauss wrote:

> > are you invoking an alias interactively that has verbose option on? add
> > the option to your string if so...
>
> svn is an executable, it sits in /usr/bin.

... and linux is an operating system, and earth orbits the sun... but
those facts miss the point, too.

There are scripts which run when you log in interactively to a shell which
can set up local variables _and shell aliases_ that may be present when
are entering commands that may not be present when you run from a script.

I don't _know_ that this is your problem, but unless you use the
"alias" command interactively to determine whether it is or isn't, you
won't either.

If my suggestion is just incredibly obvious to you, please understand that
we all overlook the obvious sometimes, so it can help focus responses if
you _tell_ us that you checked for aliases.

> It doesn't have a verbose option.

Hmm... perhaps you should check again? [1]

---

[1] http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/08/19/subversiontips.html

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing