2005 Mar 20 13:31

Re: [vox-tech] BibTex related question

Dylan Beaudette wrote:
Hi,

Just started using bibtex to help with the organization of citations in papers and the like... i am currently using the bibtex style called "named" with the command:

\bibliographystyle{named}

... as suggested on this website:
http://netra.wustl.edu/links/latex/latex.html

my intent was to get citations that look like (author, year) ... the "named" style was the closest that I could get, however the citations end up looking like [author, year] ...
Did you try "apalike"? That's a standard one. There are many styles available, but finding the right one can be difficult. Unless it is a requirement, numbered references are much prefered over author-date.

any ideas on how to get the more traditional (author, year) style?

thanks!

PS: for anyone using macos X there is a great application called "Bibdesk" which can help manage your .bib file. Anyone know of a similar tool for Linux?

I use pybliographer, but there are many other bib management programs available.

Jonathan