January 6: Social gathering
2005 Mar 20 13:07

Re: [vox-tech] PHP fopen() bug

php will 'try' to create the file.  It is up to you to make sure the
underlying OS permissions are such that a file can be created and the
configuration of php is such that a file may be created.

I just tried it on my FC3 box with a local file in the dir, and a file in tmp,
with both modes, w and ab.  No problem.

Look to filesystem permissions/ownership or php.ini

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com