2005 Mar 20 12:11

Re: [vox-tech] BSD versus Linux (and SQL/PHP/magic quoting)

Re: [vox-tech] BSD versus Linux (and SQL/PHP/magic quoting)

On Friday 18 March 2005 11:01 am, Ken Bloom wrote:
[snip]
> Does PHP not have ?-parameter substitution (so you can say
> SELECT * FROM table WHERE stringattribute=?
> and substitute the ? with a string that is properly quoted according to
> the language conventions?
[snip]

Yes PHP does have something like this, but you must use the PEAR DB module. It
takes only a couple of minutes to install, and PHP applications built with
the PEAR DB interface will be database-vendor agnostic.

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis